Monday, March 27, 2006

From Michael Carr


In the mail over the weekend Michael Carr sent me his new book Platinum Blonde, as well as the John Wieners issue of Mirage, from 1985. Jessica Smith put me in touch with Michael monthes back and I was glad I had the chance to publish some of his poems in issue 6 of Drill. His new book is beautifully produced and the poems an exciting experience of language. It's produced by Few and Further Press, which is run by Jess Mynes (I believe, correct me if I'm wrong). check out their website: fewfurpress.blogspot.com

And of course the always wonderful John Wieners. Thanks Michael. MS

6 Comments:

Blogger House Press said...

These look really great.

Hey props to Mr. Wieners!!!!!

Eric U

6:16 PM  
Blogger House Press said...

And Mr Carr of course! EU

6:17 PM  
Blogger House Press said...

And Al Cohen, Mark Slosek, Byron Kennedy, Hannah Weiner, and everyone else who does their thing. Propers to y'all EU

6:23 PM  
Blogger Logan Ryan Smith said...

who edited "mirage"? i almost thought it was kevin killian and dodie bellamie's, but their mag is called "mirage #4/ Period(ical)"... and this "mirage" is formatted differently.

where'd it come from?

12:22 PM  
Blogger House Press said...

Logan,

This is edited Kevin Killian, but it's from the mid 80's. Somehow Michael came across two of them, and sent me one b/c I'm writing on Wieners for my dissertation. MS

1:36 PM  
Blogger Logan Ryan Smith said...

i was wondering if maybe they changed the name because dodie wasn't co-editing it yet, and it hadn't changed formats. that's quite a find, that issue.

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home