Thursday, March 23, 2006

Bill Sylvester

Just wanted to write and say what a great guy Bill Sylvester is. He's been the only source of financial support Drill has received over the past 4 years - and it's greatly appreciated. Although I've never met Bill, I'm a great admirer of his work, and of his committment to helping younger poets imagine their way into poetry. I have a book of his essays, and one of his poems that House Organ put out a few years back (that Aaron xeroxed for me) - does anyone know what other work is out there in print of his as a full collection? MS

5 Comments:

Blogger Jessica Smith said...

i don't have an answer to your question (maybe search the library catalog at buffalo?) but i wanted to second the love for Bill Sylvester because he is so very kind and supportive, and daring and fun as a poet.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

I want to third the love to Bill Sylvester.

I already talked to Aaron about interviewing him. We should also record him. Speaking and reading.

7:35 PM  
Blogger House Press said...

yeah, let's get him into print. I'd put up money to get a collection of work from Bill. Anyone second that? MS

9:20 PM  
Blogger Jessica Smith said...

seems like there should be grant money for that somewhere. and i think it should come with a CD. like Narrowhouse's chap/cd things maybe? Maybe Narrowhouse could even do it... they're good at recording... and Bill could come down to DC/Balt and do some readings.

11:25 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

I love the idea, and I love love Jessica for her "there should be grant money for that somewhere."

I was with you, Mike.

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home