Monday, March 13, 2006

Spelling



Eric Unger gave me a preview of the new Spell magazine over the weekend. The magazine is impeccably designed, giving each contributor a fair amount of space to experiment. It's a great mix of visual work, poetry, and visual-poetry.

Here's a preview of Luke Daly's stickering, street art, project that bleeds into the magazine. He's prepared an individual sticker for each issue.



And I've put in a few decomposed, recomposed poems exploring the medium of masking tape. Here's one:



Get in touch with Mr. Unger for a copy. He's making a limited number, so they'll be gone fast.

MS

3 Comments:

Blogger Logan Ryan Smith said...

looks pretty dope.

2:07 PM  
Blogger John Sakkis said...

hyphy...can't wait for my copy...

9:03 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

Got my copy last Saturday and love the strong, deep visuals that bring to mind the Middle ages.

The straight text dilutes my experience of it as a book-object. Breaks the spell.

I'd like to see an issue that didn't crack the immanence of the cover, the Daly, the masking tape, etc.

What's Barrett's involvement over there?

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home