Sunday, February 26, 2006


Drill, issue 7, is completed. It's quite simply the best one yet. Cover art by Luke Daly, art work by Scott Shanley, a CD edited by Eric Unger with sound poetry by ric royer, jUStin!katKo, and Eric Unger. And 17 poets: Eric Unger, jUStin!katKO, Dorothea Lasky, Luke Daly, Aaron Lowinger, Barrett Gordon, Piers Hugill, Sheila Murphy, Tawrin Baker, Michael Slosek, Michael Koshkin, Maureen Thorson, Andrew Peterson, Francis Raven, Ian Duncan, and Derek Beaulieu. I'm ever so slowly mailing out issues to contributors - a good number of them should be in the mail on Monday. If you'd like an issue, please let me know via the House Press email address. Also, if you're going to be in Chicago in early April - Luke Daly, Eric Unger, and I will be reading (probably at Danny's) as a launch for both Drill and Spell magazine. Thanks to everyone who submitted work. Drill will return in the late summer or early fall with an 8th and final issue. I'll keep you posted.

MS

16 Comments:

Blogger Jessica Smith said...

wow, it's so pretty!

1:46 PM  
Blogger John Sakkis said...

congrats michael! looks great...

3:57 PM  
Blogger House Press said...

If someone knows ric royer's email address, could you send it along to me, so I can get him his much earned copies of Drill.

MS

7:25 PM  
Blogger Hot Whiskey said...

I agree with Jessica. This issue looks hot!

9:42 PM  
Blogger Logan Ryan Smith said...

can't wait to read it.

12:00 PM  
Blogger House Press said...

Just a brief note: I sent out copies of Drill to most of the contributors today, and will send out the rest tomorrow. It's taken me quite a long time putting this issue together - burning 125 CDs takes a long time. Hopefully later in the week I'll get some copies out to those who have contributed in the past, are my friends, or whose favor I hope to win! Thanks Jessica, John, Derek, Michael, and Logan - and everyone else who's complimented the issue. It's a hot one! MS

3:33 PM  
Blogger Aaron Lowinger said...

April 6 in Chicago I know there's a also a conference in which some canadian (toronto) poets/artists (michelle cross, rob read, gustave morin) will be involved. I don't know any other details. Ask Michelle, mmcross@gmail.com.

9:56 PM  
Blogger Aaron Lowinger said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:56 PM  
Blogger Aaron Lowinger said...

Wait, isn't Derek Beaulieu formely of housepress canada? Which housepress are you working for mikey? Don't forget where you came from.

-Al Cohen

9:59 PM  
Blogger House Press said...

Just imagine how many of these we could sell if we had paypal, just imagine the far corners of the world we could reach!

-Al Cohen

9:46 AM  
Blogger Logan Ryan Smith said...

don't say i didn't tell you so.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Aaron Lowinger said...

But in Islamabad, Mr Bush said: "Our beef with Iran is not the pipeline, our beef with Iran is... they want to develop a nuclear weapon and I believe a nuclear weapon in the hands of the Iranians will be very dangerous for all of us."

11:47 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

Who is Dorthea Lasky?

10:12 AM  
Blogger House Press said...

Dorothea Lasky is a poet from Boston - she runs Katalanche Press with Michael Carr. MS

10:30 AM  
Blogger Tawrin said...

Lowinger, don't you remember our plan to eradicate that "other" press from history? If they have no past they can have no future; if they have no future we have more future. I advise you to never speak of them again.

Whose side are you on?

10:26 PM  
Blogger Tawrin said...

It's an impressive Drill, Mr. Slosek. I find myself reading it.

Among the poets new to me I was (and I think Eric as well) particularly fond of Dorothea Laskey's bits. Anyone care to comment on Katalanche's works?


I'm fond of her bits? WTF?

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home