Sunday, February 10, 2008



Friday, February 15, 2007, 7:30 pm, FREE

POETRY AND PRINTS #1

The editors of House and Hot Whiskey Press present a reading with:

Kent Johnson
Gabriel Gudding
Tawrin Baker

Prints on display:

In 2003, a collective of printers working at SAIC established The
Fraternal Order of the Print Rat. The Print Rats shared knowledge
about print techniques, artists, and resources as well as coordinated
print exchanges. The Print Rats were a main source of stimulus for the
creation of Spudnik Press. The very first exchange, entitled "The
Hunted", will be on display.

Spudnik Press
847 N. Paulina
Chicago, Il 60622
www.spudnikpress.com
773-715-1473

This is off Paulina Ave., just north of Chicago Ave. in Ukranian
Village/Wicker Park.

6 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

I wish people would put up reviews, even like my stupid one-page sentence reviews I burn off at work, so that people lonely and far away like me can hear a heart beat when they look up at the sky.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Ekrem Serdar said...

True that. What on earth is Baker doing anyway?

2:13 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

The problem, ekrem, is that only you and I read this blog. Dr. T-bone's too busy acting too busy to come down to our leisurely level. Lord knows we got nothing to do. You and me, ekrem, we can just hang out here all day, smoking, sipping cool drinks, and watching sun set over the tool bar. . .

8:30 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

Plus, he probably bombed.

12:02 PM  
Blogger eric unger said...

I also read this blog occasionally. I like the look/feel and also the paucity of color. Very 'minimalistic'.

Btw, Tawrin's reading was so incredible that Luke actually busted an air hockey table.

1:16 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

EU, good points about the color and the "minimalistic" nature of the blog. And once I get a taste of minimalism, I just want less and less . . .

So, the reading was so incredibly BAD Luke thew a typical poet tantrum? figures. You know, I think it just goes to show.

Hey, not to change the subject, but are you and Luke and Berry rising East for the Ascension March 22? I hope not, you guys suck.

What about you, T-genius? You gonna ruin it for everybody again?

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home