Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Gustave Morin

I found a pretty incredible artist whose work I was introduced to a few months ago but I then had the disadvantage of being his ex-girlfriend's boyfriend. My reaction at the time was that I recognized it was a formidable work but I had hard time seeing much substance in it. I believe he thinks of himself a poet, or at least an artist informed by poetry. He publishes his work in book form and everything I've seen is black and white. Yet I warn: Those insistent on lyric form may not approve! You can download a so-called .pdf trailer of one of his books at the following link:

http://www.ubu.com/ubu/morin_spaghetti.html

I'd be curious to see how you felt. I like anything I find arresting, enigmatic, disturbing, and firghtening in the initial exposure. It lets me know there's more to see and discover.

Aaron

-AL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home